Free On-line Mixing Resources For Small-Studio Users
* More than 350 in-depth audio demonstrations of mixing techniques, available in both 192kbps MP3 format for quick auditioning, and also in uncompressed WAV format so that you can critically evaluate more subtle effects within your own DAW system.
* Unmixed Multitracks For Practice Purposes: As mentioned in an earlier post, there’s a Library Of Multitrack Projects for use as mixing practice or as a basis for educational assignments. This includes some of those featured in my Sound On Sound magazine ‘Mix Rescue’ columns.
* Affordable Software Recommendations: My personal selection of the best affordable audio software, including links to over 150 different freeware gems. For those in a hurry, there’s also my Freeware Top Ten and Affordable Cross-platform Software Recommendations.
* Studio Hardware Recommendations: ‘Best-buys’ for the small studio, complete with links to the appropriate manufacturers.
* Information For Newbies: A Whistlestop Guide To Studio Production for those new to the subject, as well as a couple of good Jargon-busting Glossaries. Further Reading: Additional on-line reading material relating to the subjects covered in the book — check out the ‘Further Reading’ section on each chapter page, as well as the recommended Producer Interview Links.